Our programs are designed to teach fundamental musicianship from the ground up. The main qualities we look for in new students are academic excellence, passion for music, and dedication to personal and artistic growth.  Our AUDITION REQUIREMENTS can be found HERE. We encourage students at all levels of experience to apply.

Refer to our HOW TO APPLY page for step-by-step guidance through the admissions process. If you need any assistance, feel free to contact us at (626) 577-1751 or for help.

CCM offers TALENT-BASED SCHOLARSHIPS for music students from all over the world to help make college music education possible for everyone. For students who are U.S. citizens or residents, CCM also offers flexible 0% INTEREST PAYMENT PLANS, as well as ECONOMIC TUITION REDUCTIONS for students facing financial hardship. Contact us at (626) 577-1751 or for more information.

There is no on-campus housing at CCM, so we provide detailed information at our HOUSING PAGE to help students find their own housing in the Pasadena area.  For those who still need assistance locating housing, we do offer a HOUSING PLACEMENT SERVICE for a one-time fee of $250.  Please visit the HOUSING PAGE or contact us at (626) 577-1751 or for more information.

All students entering CCM must have completed high school or the equivalent (GED), and our standard minimum age requirement for entrance is 17 years old. Exceptions can be made for exceptional students who are not yet 17 but can provide a high school diploma or the equivalent as well as a letter of permission from a parent/guardian.

Summer or Winter Quarters can be treated as preparatory quarters, in which students who wish to establish basic musicianship can take fundamentals and entry-level classes towards program completion. Contact us at (626) 577-1751 or to discuss how starting in an “off-quarter” may be possible.

If you are accepted to any of CCM’s programs, you will receive a Form I-20 which establishes a record for you within the Student and Exchange Visitor Program and makes you eligible to apply for a visa interview with the U.S. Embassy in your country. The U.S. Embassy decides whether or not to grant you a student visa, allowing you to enter the U.S. to study music.  In order to successfully obtain your Form I-20, your first quarter tuition and fees must be paid in full. Visa regulations are subject to change; check the U.S. Embassy website at WWW.USEMBASSY.GOV for up-to-date information. Contact us at (626) 577-1751 or if you need more information.

International students who successfully complete CCM’s Associate Degree, Artist Development, or Certificate Program are eligible for OPT (“Optional Practical Training”). OPT permits a student to stay in the U.S. for up to one year after the completion of their program in order to work and gain professional experience in the field of music. Contact us at (626) 577-1751 or for more information.