California College of Music is located at 42 S Catalina Ave. Pasadena, California, 91106. We are four blocks from the California Institute of Technology and six blocks from Pasadena City College. The 210, 134, and 110 freeways are all very close to our campus.
Our facilities include:
• One large ensemble performance room (the “live room”) equipped with amps, keyboards, drums & percussion, a PA system, and microphones. Recording sessions, videotapings, and master classes are held in the live room.
• An isolation booth, equipped with a keyboard, a PA system, and microphones. The booth is used to record vocalists or individual instruments, and is wired to the control room for recording.
• A piano room equipped with a grand piano and multiple electronic keyboards — also wired to the control room for recording purposes.
• A studio control room featuring Pro Tools, Logic Pro, and Reason software, outboard gear including Avalon and Presonus preamps, a MOTU interface, effects processing units, compressors and limiters. Our mic closet features a wide range of microphones to suit a variety of professional recording applications. Rental of CCM’s recording studio is available by arrangement, with or without engineer. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
• A music technology room equipped with Apple computers, MIDI keyboard controllers, sound modules, MIDI interfaces, and Logic Pro, Reason, and Pro Tools software.
• An extensive music library with holdings of more than 1000 books, magazines, and scores from the popular music canon and beyond.
• Two large classrooms for music theory, ear training, and sight-reading classes.
• Eight practice rooms equipped with keyboards, amps, drums, and boomboxes. Practice rooms are used for individual study as well as private lessons.